Those who know me, know that M.A.C is my go to brand for their product versatility and quality. The product I seem to get the most questions about from my clients, is the use of M.A.C Fix+. There is the common misconception that M.A.C Fix+ is purely a setting spray. This is not the case. A setting spray helps to seal your makeup and assists with the longevity of your makeup. The way M.A.C describes Fix+ is as follows:
Prep + Prime Fix+ – This lightweight mist of water packed with vitamins and minerals, infused with a blend of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to gently soothe and refresh the skin. Gives an instant boost of hydration while delivering a soft sheen to refresh and finish makeup.
I can definitely see where the confusion comes from since the product is called Fix+, implying it will ‘fix’ one’s makeup. However the intended purpose of Fix+ is outlined below at point 1.
There are so many uses for this product! Below is my list of 10 ways that I use Fix+. Enjoy!
10 USES FOR FIX+
- Freshen up! After the application of foundation, there can be several other layers of powders that are used on the face – setting powder, contour, highlight and blush. Often this can leave a powdery residue on the face and can leave the face looking cakey. Fix+ is used in order to freshen the face up and remove this powdery/cakey look, leaving a refreshed and dewy finish. This does not mean this will set the makeup – it just freshens up our beautiful faces.
- Hydrate! As Fix+ refreshes and hydrates our skin, it is perfect to use during the day over one’s makeup application. I like to have a bottle in my fridge and on hot days I love spritzing Fix+ as it leaves me feeling fresh faced.
- Skin prep! As part of my skin care routine I often use Fix+ in conjunction with my toner. I feel it gives me an extra level of hydration and the cool mist feels so lovely on a summer’s morning.
- Primer! Although Fix+ wont help with the longevity of the foundation applying a few sprays before applying foundation will assist in creating an even and smooth surface for makeup application.
- Thinning foundations! Spray Fix+ on your foundation brush before applying foundation, the Fix+ will help to thin out and evenly distribute the product easier, leaving a flawless finish.
- Beauty blender love! Dampening your beauty blender with Fix+ can not only assist with foundation application but it can do wonders for blending out concealer. It blends removes any unnecessary product that can contribute to your under eye area creasing.
- Refreshing cream products! After time gel and cream products can start to dry making them difficult to work with. A quick solution is to spray Fix+ directly on the product bringing it back to life and allowing easier application.
- Eyeshadow! Using Fix+ with eyeshadows can transform any colour. It makes the colour bolder and helps it pop. Spray Fix+ directly onto your brush before applying a pigment, glitter or eyeshadow and the colour will be far more intense!
- Blinding! Much like eyeshadows become bolder, your highlight can be come more intense as well. Dampening your brush with Fix+ prior to applying your highlight will help it pop and give that intense highlight look.
- Body shimmer! If you are feeling adventurous, you can sprinkle some pigment such as M.A.C Blonde Gold or Tan Pigment into your Fix+ bottle and have a refreshing skin hydrating mist for your summer nights out with a bit of sparkle to help you stand out from the crowd!
I would love to know how you use your Fix+, share your uses below!